Is Jeff Sessions the Reek of the Trump Administration...
But doesn't that makes Donald Trump the Ramsey Bolton?
I get why Trump is upset. I concur that some face saving politically appropriate departure of Jeff Sessions makes sense. But this on going public humiliation makes zero sense to me, other than some sort of weird Kabuki theater or Sessions and Trump being completely dysfunctional. Either option is not good.
Attacking his own Attorney General in public as he is doing reflects badly on the President. If it is so bad that things are not working out, ask for his resignation and if he refuses fire him. Time it for a recess appointment. If you are going to pull off the band aid or scab, do it quick.
Congress is passing veto proof sanctions on Russia that Trump cannot roll back. Trump has zero support from Democrats and is losing support with his own party.
The Mueller probe is a horrible abuse of power. Mueller is no saint, he is a snake. This independent counsel thing should never have happened given there is not even an underlying crime to warrant the investigation, but it did. Part of that blame falls to Jeff Sessions and part of it to President Trump's own hamfistedness surrounding the Comey firing. Meanwhile Democrats' own corruption is ignored and being covered up.
I am with Instapundit, Sessions position on civil asset forfeiture is grounds enough to fire him. We do not need cops being robbers.
EBL: Separated at Birth: Lavrentiy Beria and Robert Mueller and Fire Jeff Sessions
Instapundit: What journalism is all about, American Thinker: Fire Mueller?, Be smart about it, Roger Simon: Advice for President Trump, Rod Rosenstein says Comey broke protocol by leaking to press, and The damage Obama did was worst than imagined
Rush Limbaugh: Rush's new theory on Sessions and Trump, Obama holdovers responsible for leaks?, What is really going on with Sessions (it does not make a lot of sense to Rush either), The Canonization of Robert Mueller, How Trump can get rid of Mueller, and Trump wanted Session to be a Brawler
Hot Air: Playground bullying to get a recess appointment and Why Jeff Sessions should quit and do Dancing With The Stars
Washington Examiner: Sessions to announce criminal leak investigation?
Don Surber: Trump got Schumer to love Sessions and No path to 270
Daily Caller: Firing Sessions could cause a crisis at DOJ
AoSHQ: Fusion GPS (we need some special counsel)
Gay Patriot: Trump's thing with Sessions is weird
- The FBI and DOJ leaderships are indeed politically corrupted. Trump probably hired Sessions to clean them up.
- Andrew McCabe is indeed a raging Democrat whose wife takes money from Hillary.
- Special Counsel Mueller does hire only strict Hillary partisans, and looks to be going out of control. (He was supposed to deliver a timely report on 2016 election interference. It looks like that won’t be happening.)
- Former FBI Director, James “Leaker” Comey, probably was a “fixer” for the Clintons as I explained at length, awhile back.
- Sessions should indeed be focused on these matters, and on the government leaks (which are probably related to these matters or a good entrance into them) – NOT marijuana.
Rich Lowry: Who 'wins' in Trump Sessions?
AoSHQ: Must Read about Fusion GPS
Rammesh Ponnuru: Two-Front War?
WaPo: Ken Starr scolds President
Mark Steyn: Flight and Fancy
LA Times: Hurt but Stayin?
Lem's Place: Obama spy
LI: Sessions Staying?