[Valid Atom 1.0]

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Guess Who's Coming To Dinner? President Trump and Lyin' Ted Breaking Bread at the White House...


Powerline: Is GOP Heathcare Bill A Disaster? No (I got to disagree with this, mostly it is)

Don Surber: Obamacare Repeal Rocks (the repeal rocks, I don't like the replace part)


I do not buy the GOP will face a slaughter if they just repeal Obamacare. I think they will face a slaughter if they mess with Obamacare and replace it with something slightly less bad. While I recognize the challenges of getting enough Senators on board, overcoming a filibuster, etc., if there is a will there is a way when the GOP holds the White House, Senate and House.  


Instapundit: GOP you are terrible and Obamacare, Jr. stinks, Tom Cotton advice, If you can't do the first well, go with Plan B, This is looking like a debacle, WELL, THAT’S AN ACCOMPLISHMENT OF SORTS: Megan McArdle: The Republican Plan Is Even Worse Than ObamaCare.

2 comments:

  1. Several things to keep in mind.

    This is the NeverTrumper bill. At least one more is in the House (Jordan's) and Rand Paul's in the Senate. Trump also plans a phase 2 (regulatory adjustments) and phase 3 (let insurance companies sell policies across state lines or allow the government to use its purchasing power to negotiate lower drug prices).

    There's a lot I like in Surber's enumeration of it, but what I don't like, I really don't like.

    The important thing to keep in mind is at least we know what we've got and what can be added, as well as what should go. The one thing I think is important is understanding, as Mick Jagger noted, nobody is going to get everything they want.

    PS Trump is being kind to the One True Ted. Sarah Isgur Flores in Sessions' press sec.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is the "NeverTrumper" bill maybe that is a signal that Trump should be rejecting it too? I get that negotiations have to happen, but this is a bad starting point.

      With all due respect for what Surber says, I am going with McArdle's take on this one. But I agree there will be some compromise. There has to be.

      As for Trump being kind to Ted, it is the smart move. It's business.

      Delete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.