[Valid Atom 1.0]

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Frank Sinatra: September In The Rain




I posted September of My Years and September Song, but Al Dubin and Henry Warren's September in the Rain is worth a bit more attention if only for the excuse of adding these great covers by Doris Day, Julie London and Sarah Vaughan. Dubin and Warren (who wrote some terrific songs) also did a lot of the music for Warner's Looney Toons and Merry Melodies.



Young Doris and Frank



JFK and Julie London



Count Basie, Sarah Vaughan and Frank Sinatra

Sarah Vaughan: To Be Bop or Be Pop



For Labour Day Mark Steyn has I Cover The Waterfront and Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn's Just In Time. Pundette has Styne and Cahn's Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry (with Mark's earlier post), Joe Bushkin's Oh! Look At Me Now. Bob Belvedere has Harold Arlen and Johnny Mercer's Come Rain Or Come Shine. And have Irving Berlin's Let's Take An Old Fashioned Walk (with the lovely Doris Day doing a duet with Frank) which also has a Jimmy Van Heusen's song Young At Heart. I previously had You Never Had It So Good, September Song, September of My Years, Come Fly With Me, and Frank and Sarah Vaughan with The Nearness of You.

Don’t forget to also keep checking out
Pundette’s Sinatra 100 countdown,
Ms Evi’s Sinatra Celebration,
Dispatches from the Camp of the Saints Sinatra, &
Mark Steyn’s Sinatra Songs Of The Century.
It’s a swingin’ world.

Rule 5 and FMJRA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.