[Valid Atom 1.0]

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Rutger Hauer, RIP



"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the TannhĂ€user Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty, Bladerunner


So what makes Tears In Rain so special? A lot of it was Rutger Hauer's acting and vision.

Variety: Rutger Hauer dies at 75

TOM: In The Mailbox 07.24.19

AoSHQ: Morning Report 07.25.19 (I can't believe they missed this)

Instapundit: RIP Syd Mead (visual artist for Blade Runner), RIP Rutger Hauer, Time To Die, and Gone, Like Tears In Rain

4 comments:

  1. My personal favourite of his is the 1985 fantasy Ladyhawke. You wouldn't think he would be the kind of actor to pull that sort of role off, but he did, and did it amazingly well.

    I still watch it regularly, and not just from nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is one that few people I've mentioned it to had even heard of. I discovered it in a video store; I don't believe it did well in the theaters. I'd never heard of it when I found the video sometime in 1990 or 91. I own it on DVD and watch it probably once a year or so.

    It's called The Blood of Heros (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094764/). Not just my favorite Rutger Hauer movie, it's one of my favorite movies period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Hobo With a Shotgun" Not his finest work !!! Loved in Salem's Lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. His unique use of a hand grenade at the end of Wanted Dead or Alive is an unsung classic act in movie history. Will never forget it. Nor will Gene Simmons.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.