[Valid Atom 1.0]

Friday, July 22, 2016

Ivanka and Donald Trump Finale to the GOP Convention





Ivanka was exceptionally well spoken. Ivanka is a real talent. For those who saw it, her introduction had to help her father a lot.

Update:

Don Surber: Ivanka's speech more important than her father's (I concur with that assessment)

Victory Girls: Ivanka wins the night (in a $138 dress from her own label, that's a nice touch) More here from Trooper York at Lem's Place.




As for Donald Trump's speech, I thought it was solid. It spoke mostly to his base, and I am pretty sure to that extent it was effective. Trump tried to reach out to black and gay voters.  I doubt one speech will do that, but it's a start.

I doubt this speech will change the minds of many #NeverTrumpers or dedicated Hillary supporters, but to undecided it might resonate. I also suspect his attacks on Hillary are leaving a mark.



I praised CNN for being fair earlier this week. I noticed the tone got way more critical of Donald Trump post his speech tonight.  Was that justified or just over reaction to the fear Trump gained some traction tonight?  Van Jones was especially critical. It was a marked change. From what I saw, it was intentional.  

Rule 5 and FMJRA

Lem's Levity: Peter Thiel Speech and Are You Watching

Instapundit: I am your voice, Michelle Moore gets the vapors, Men want to marry Melanias and raise Ivankas, GOP block partyTalking over Peter Thiel

Wombat: Weasel Zippers: Protester lights himself on fire and American Thinker: Trump's response to black on cop murder

Legal Insurrection: Quick reaction to Trump acceptance speech

American Power Blog: GOP Map To Victory

Ed Morrissey: Was it a train wreck?

Wombat: Don Surber's Trump The Press

TOM: Did we watch the same speech?

1 comment:

  1. Trump's kids were a very strong and positive influence on his character. Classy. Poised. Articulate. Down to earth. Vote winners for their daddy.

    Contrast with Paris Hilton.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.