[Valid Atom 1.0]

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Frank Sinatra: The Lord's Prayer and Ave Maria



Frank does a great job with this song and given it is All Saints Day today (and All Souls Day tomorrow), I will go with this song from 1949. The music was done by Albert May Malotte and the lyrics by you know who.  

“I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers or a bottle of Jack Daniel.” –Frank Sinatra. 


Here is Frank in 1945 singing Franz Schubert's Ave Maria.

Frank Sinatra in the Miracle of the Bells 1948

Mark Steyn's Song of the Century (and for Halloween) at #79 is Me and My Shadow, #78 is Moon Love, at #77 is Strangers In The Night and at #76 is the Gordon Jenkins arranged This Is All I Ask.

Pundette has The Nearness of You at #19, Come Fly With Me at #20 and After You've Gone at #64

Bob Belvedere has the album Ring A Ding Ding for #6, Where Are You? for #7 and an interview with Chuck Granata. Bob had Me And My Shadow at #92.

I had Berlin's When I Lost You, Arlen and Capote's Don't Like Goodbyes, and Gaudio and Holmes' For A While. And I had a collection of Halloween Inspired Sinatra Songs.

Don’t forget to also keep checking out
Pundette’s Sinatra 100 countdown,
Ms Evi’s Sinatra Celebration,
Dispatches from the Camp of the Saints Sinatra,
& Mark Steyn’s Sinatra Songs Of The Century.
It’s a swingin’ world.

EBL: The Saint and Jill St. John

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.