[Valid Atom 1.0]

Saturday, December 7, 2013

December 7, 1941 RIP



Bing has a number of links.

Never Forget
Update:
Dave in Texas at AoSHQ has some good links  Instapundit too.

The ΑΩ: USS Missouri is docked just behind the USS Arizona at Ford Island, Pearl Harbor
Update:

A PEARL HARBOR DAY OUCH: “We reduced Japan to a pile of radioactive smoking rubble in 1,346 days. It’s now Day 1,355 and, despite promises to do likewise to the healthcare system, they’re still working on it. The FDR administration built almost a hundred working aircraft carriers faster than the Obama administration has managed to build one working website.”

3 comments:

  1. Interesting, I knew the Navy used a lot of color film in the Pacific, but I never saw any of the attack.

    What always puzzled me was why Yamamoto thought we'd go to war in Japan attacked British and Dutch colonies in the Far East when he wouldn't fight after they deliberately bombed and sank a US Navy gunboat.

    PS It's 1941, dude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bad! Typo.

      I thought Yamamoto was against the attack but when ordered embraced it as his duty. Then again the "sleeping giant" quote is now disputed.

      Delete
  2. I took this photo of the USS Arizona Memorial over the bow of the Missouri.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.