[Valid Atom 1.0]

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Professor Reynolds points out that robots could make "made in China" obsolete. We could be manufacturing goods anywhere.

Robots will soon be capable of manufacturing most items...making overseas sweat shops obsolete.   And while I am no Luddite and welcome technological advances...
What could go wrong?
This too.
Let me clarify.  I am all for this sort of thing.  The Terminator-Dune-Battlestar Galactica-A.I. robot take over is way in the future (and if we are careful may never come).  But if China gets marginalized on manufacturing twenty or thirty years down the road, what then?  Could that have political impacts? And it is China (and India) that is putting an emphasis on math, science and computer skills.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.