[Valid Atom 1.0]

Saturday, January 14, 2023

Boston's New Dr. MLK Jr. Sculpture 😬🤦🏾‍♀️

 


Striking? More like confusing...

This is not a great sculpture. It is a poor mix of abstract and realism. I get the sentiment of it, but the experiment did not work. It never should have progressed past mock ups.  


The sculpture is derivative of this photograph, but a three dimential partial of a two dimential image (in this circumstance) does not work.  It is also not the best picture, given King is looking at someone else while embracing his wife. It is even harder to comprehend from other angles.  

I have not seen it in person, so I will withhold final judgment till I do. I doubt my initial impressions are going to change that much.  








1 comment:

  1. It sure looks like an artist's impression of someone trying to jump up their butt and disappear. I doubt that was the inspiration, but whatever that was, sure fails to appear in the final work.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.