[Valid Atom 1.0]

Friday, October 25, 2019

A Good Egg 🥚🤔😃


I like the scientific double blind approach this this question: How to get the best hard boiled egg

Some of my preconceived notions (like older eggs peel better than fresh ones and the use of ice baths) did not hold up under testing. Others (such as putting the egg into hot water or steam, rather than bringing them both up to temperature) were confirmed. Kudos to the New York Times Cooking Section and J. Kenji López-Alt for doing the hard lifting on this. 

I love hard boiled eggs when they are done right (because I love deviled eggs). I hate eggs that don't peel well or get rubbery or green. Cook's (you need a subscription) breaks some of the findings that J. Kenji López-Alt notes above. Both take a tested scientific approach to cooking--so my suggestion is keep testing as you go along. 

Sugar Spun Run: Million Dollar Deviled Eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.