[Valid Atom 1.0]

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Reasons to be Thankful: America still produces men like General James "Mad Dog" Mattis



"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” General Mattis to his Marines in Iraq

President Elect Trump could do far worse than General Mattis as Secretary of Defense. Stephen Green makes a good point about General Mattis, he is a winner and expert in his profession (which is the type of guy Donald Trump respects) and he can hold his own with President Trump.

Of course, there is a legislative hurdle that needs to be over come (assuming President Elect Trump taps Mattis for the job).  


An interesting piece, given Thomas Ricks is no fan of Donald Trump, but a fan of Mattis.  He makes the case Mattis brings a certain hubris to the job.

American Greatness:  General Mattis is a soldiers' soldier

Gen James Mattis, in his own words

  1. "I don't lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word."
  2. "The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot."
  3. "I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [expletive] with me, I'll kill you all."
  4. "The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears."
  5. "There is nothing better than getting shot at and missed. It's really great."
  6. "I'm going to plead with you, do not cross us. Because if you do, the survivors will write about what we do here for 10,000 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.