[Valid Atom 1.0]

Saturday, September 26, 2015

Frank Sinatra: It's All Right With Me and Juliet Prowse

I was going to leave my Indian Summer post as that for the week, but Indian Summer also can be used to describe a late career flourish or period of happiness.

Mark Steyn Song of the Century #69 is Sinatra's version of Cole Porter's  It's All Right With Me (from Can Can) and Mark discusses Porter's Indian Summer with High Society (1956), Silk Stockings (1957), and Can Can (1960) before Porter's final health decline and death in October 1964.

I could not resist posting the Can Can film version of the song with Frank singing to Juliet Prowse:






And why not some additional pictures of Miss Prowse:





 Kermit and Juliet


The temptress in Can Can

Here's Elvis on a bar stool next to Juliet Prowse


Rule 5 and FMJRA


Bob completed his top 100 Sinatra songs and his top selections are top notch.  

Mark has It's All Right With Me and Autumn Leaves (Mark does a wonderful job explaining and contrasting Mercer's lyrics to the original French version).  

I added Sinatra and Day singing a terrific version of Take Me Out To The Ball Game in remembrance of Yogi Berra's passing.  And I think I collected links to most of the autumn themed Sinatra songs I previously posted in recognition of the autumn equinox. I also had Frank and the Kessler Twins for Oktoberfest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.