[Valid Atom 1.0]

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lou Reed RIP

RIP



 
Update:  
Instapundit
Bob Belvedere
Trooper York said...
Hate to rain on your parade but he was a miserable junkie and an all around unpleasant son of a bitch. Besides being the epitome of the limousine liberal of the first water.

He had a few good songs. More than Tony Orlando but fewer than the Monkees. He did have much the same plasticized image. Only in his case it was heroin chic.
October 27, 2013 at 6:02 PM
I never met Reed, so I can't say from personal experience if he was an asshole or not (I am not a big fan of heroin chic, but the guy did clean up his act).  I met Andy Warhol once and he was just an odd shy guy.  

I saw the Monkees play (I also caught the tour just before Davy Jones passed away and, fuck Jann Wenner, they should be in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  They could put on a show (who cares if Neil Diamond and Carol King wrote some of their songs).  BFD, Elvis did not write most of his songs.  And they did write some stuff on their own that was pretty good.  

5 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss, but I agree with Trooper York about Lou Reed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So what did Troop say about Lou Reed?

      I was not such a big fan, but I didn't hate him either. That Lou Reed died of liver failure is not a big surprise--but at least he did not jump a transplant line like David Crosby (Reed was more talented than him anyway).

      Delete
    2. Didn't he? He did get a transplant, right?

      I don't know if he jumped it or not.

      Delete
    3. He did get a liver transplant. Nevermind what I said.

      If you destroy your liver from drug or alcohol use, you should not jump other people waiting for livers.

      Delete
  2. 'Cause when the smack begins to flow
    I really don't care anymore
    About all the Jim-Jim's in this town
    And all the politicians makin' crazy sounds
    And everybody puttin' everybody else down
    And all the dead bodies piled up in mounds

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.