[Valid Atom 1.0]

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Vintage Macy Thanksgiving Parade

Most of these photographs are from the 1930s and 40s.  I love the old balloons.  The parade did not run during the peak of World War II.  The balloons have also not been allowed when winds are high.   A few of the photographs may be before the 1930s and 40s and some are obviously after that.
Mayor Bloomberg?


Eddie Cantor
That is just awesome...is it evolving with those arm fins?
Or is it deflating, making fins seem like arms?


This is supposed to be a dragon, but it is fabulous cat or anything you want...




I can see how clowns freak some people out...




No hitchhiking!







Turkeys can fly!






6 comments:

  1. Thanks EBL...great vintage pix! Some of those balloons are freaky!

    bluetech

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them. The old school balloon are just incredible.

      Delete
  2. Number 9 sure looks McGuinty.

    Ken (Kulak)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding collection, EBL.
    I'd love to know what that insect/rodent/saurian mutant at #2 is supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is a "dragon" but I agree it is some sort of hybrid mutant thing. Thanks.

      Delete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.