[Valid Atom 1.0]

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy 100th Birthday Julia Child

I posted this on August 2, 2012, but I was two weeks early.  So here it is again.  Today is Julia's 100th birthday.



I know she is no longer with us, but we still have her television clips!  I still wanted to wish her happy birthday.  Julia was a great lady and patriot.

While I liked Meryl Streep in Julie & Julia, the real Julia Child really has something Meryl does not capture.   Watch the real Julia Child.

Update:
Julia had a very interesting life before French cooking...
Smithsonian has 9 chefs cooking meals to honor Julia...
Toques off to Julia!
Jacques Pepin on Julia Child
Julia gets the Google treatment! 

h/t:  A Trainwreck in Maxwell (another great Julia clip there)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.