[Valid Atom 1.0]

Sunday, July 1, 2012

John Roberts: He swings both ways. Senator Barack Obama was right to vote no on his nomination to the Supreme Court.

He was right then he went left...
Sort of like Hamlet, tragic but less entertaining
More from The Corner,  Volokh and Instapundit..."wobbly?"
As Volokh Conspiracy reminds us, Senator Barack Obama was uncanny in his doubts about John Roberts as a nominee to the Supreme Court:
The bottom line is this: I will be voting against John Roberts’ nomination. I do so with considerable reticence. I hope that I am wrong. I hope that this reticence on my part proves unjustified and that Judge Roberts will show himself to not only be an outstanding legal thinker but also someone who upholds the Court’s historic role as a check on the majoritarian impulses of the executive branch and the legislative branch.
And Jeff Goldstein takes on those conservatives who argue that Roberts was correct in how he ruled... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.