[Valid Atom 1.0]

Monday, July 23, 2012

General Motors Insurgency Pistol 1942

FP 45 Liberator:  I never heard of this before...
More on it from Wikipedia.  So imagine dropping these in the tens of thousands over occupied cities, concentration camps, and in other locations in Europe and Asia to help occupied populations rise up and resist?  Granted there is only so much a crude single shot pistol is going to do against a Panzer division, but I wonder why it was not implemented?

Update (perhaps this answers my question):  Maybe out of fears if Jews, partisan/resistance forces, and Gypsies had firearms, more of them would have been killed by the Nazis?  Yes I am being sarcastic.  Then again, Behring Breivik lived in a country (Norway) with strict gun control.  That did not seem to stop him from pulling off his attack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.