But here are two reasons to vote for Mitt Romney this fall:
1) Even if we get control of the Senate this cycle and keep the House, neither will have a veto proof majority. So we need a President who can sign bills generated by Congress (to reverse some of the damage done by the Democrats and Barack Obama). That was Grover Norquist's position at CPAC (any of the GOP candidates if elected will at least do that).
2) Judicial appointments.
But any long term success depends on voting conservative down ticket, from local elections, to state, to Congress.
- Althouse posted this video today: How about a little game theory...
- Gag: Rob Portman for veep (the constant leaks makes you think the deal is done...)
- Kristol: Romney wins by staying above the fray? How about Romney winning by being a principled conservative? Sorry Bill, looks like Romney is going with Portman (a Bush-Rovian, what could go wrong?), not Ryan. The last two updates makes me swing closer to where CE and JG are. I feel dirty...I need a shower.
- The Other McCain: Jeff Goldstein is not ready to don saffron robes and chant Hare-Mitt-Nu...
- Mitch and Rob make the pitch for being Mitt's date to the prom (they want to be pop-u-lar!).
- The Blogmocracy and Victor Davis Hanson on why Mitt has a decent chance of winning. Problem is that items 3 and 4 have been undercut by Mitt calling Barack Obama a nice guy. Michelle Malkin is of course right.
- This "Wayne" dude just managed to push me over to the PW/CM position.