|Shameless Jay Carney|
Update: $6 gasoline in Florida?
- "The American press is all about lies! All they tell is lies, lies and more lies!"
- "The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth." H. L. Mencken
- "The size of the lie is a definite factor in causing it to be believed, because the vast masses of a nation are in the depths of their hearts more easily deceived than they are consciously and intentionally bad. The primitive simplicity of their minds renders them more easy victims of a big lie than a small one, because they themselves often tell little lies but would be ashamed to tell big ones. Such a form of lying would never enter their heads. They would never credit others with the possibility of such great impudence as the complete reversal of facts. Even explanations would long leave them in doubt and hesitation, and any trifling reason would dispose them to accept a thing as true. Something therefore always remains and sticks from the most imprudent of lies, a fact which all bodies and individuals concerned in the art of lying in this world know only too well, and therefore they stop at nothing to achieve this end." Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf
Jay Carney just told a giant lie for the Obama Administration:
White House press secretary Jay Carney first says Republicans "forced" President Obama to deny the permit for the Keystone XL pipeline. Later in his press briefing, Carney says Obama didn't turn down the pipeline."In terms of Keystone, as you all know, the history here is pretty clear. And the fact is because Republicans decided to play political with Keystone, their action essentially forced the administration to deny the permit process because they insisted on a time frame in which it was impossible to completely approve the pipeline," Carney said when asked about the pipeline by ABC News' Jake Tapper. Later in the briefing, Carney says it is the Republicans' fault.Do you think the Democrats might be concerned by rising oil prices and the effect of that on the election? The internal polling by the White House must be downright ugly over this.
|Update: This is exactly spot on|
- The Investors: Obama killed Keystone pipeline
- Reason: NY Times Joe Nocera calls the Obama Administration out on killing Keystone
- Politico: Editorials strongly against Obama's decision killing the Keystone pipeline
- Protein Wisdom: We are on to your lies...
- Indigo Hicks: The Lies of Jay Carney
- Reddog Report: Jay Carney caught in another lie...
- All-American Blogger: Jake Tapper calls Jay Carney out...
- Ed Driscoll: High Gas Prices and the Memory Hole
- Instapundit: Democrats do not want to admit in an election year that they want high gasoline prices...
- Free Enterprise: Words mean things...
- Ace of Spades HQ: Orwell Wept
- President Obama: "Sorry, there is nothing I can do..." Really?
- President Obama: How about some algae?