[Valid Atom 1.0]

Friday, February 17, 2012

Paul Gauguin: D'où Venons Nous / Que Sommes Nous / Où Allons Nous


D'où Venons Nous / Que Sommes Nous / Où Allons Nous
Where Do We Come From / What Are We / Where Are We Going 
Loans of Gauguin masterpieces are tough to arrange, and there's one painting, 
commonly seen as the culmination of his time in Tahiti, that's conspicuous in its absence...

There is a Wisconsin connection to Quinn becoming an actor, as a young man Quinn met Frank Lloyd Wright at Talliesin through an architecture competition and Quinn stammered.  Wright advised him to take acting lessons, since an architect must be articulate.  

4 comments:

  1. A great movie and a great book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. And I really like the paintings from both Van Gogh and Gauguin.

      Delete
  2. I have seen several van Gogh exhibits (van Gogh in Arles, van Gogh in Auvers- St.Remy) in New York City and one Paul Gauguin exhibit. I am not a huge Gauguin fan but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I much prefer van Gogh's work too, but I like Gauguin's use of color very much.

      Delete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.