[Valid Atom 1.0]

Saturday, December 17, 2011

What is the etiquette for expressing pride in Auroch ancestry?


It's very interesting to know that cows alive today have some Aurochs ancestry.

Is it wrong to express feelings of superiority based on the Auroch proportion of your genes? I imagine that in the future there will be individuals claiming to be significantly more Auroch than others. Will this be always only the subject for fun, lightweight teasing, or could it cross the line into something too much like racism? And let's say some young person found out he was even more  Auroch than say me. He's 10%, the highest yet recorded. If he put that on his law school application, would the law school regard it as a diversity "plus factor" n the theory that "'classroom discussion is livelier, more spirited, and simply more enlightening and interesting' when the students have 'the greatest possible variety of backgrounds'"?
Oh wait, cows don't go to law school.  That is how discriminatory our society is.  Don't get me started.  
Never mind.  Do you remember this and this?  They still crack me up.  


Update:  I watched Carmen tonight, downloaded from the MET Opera website.  




Wow.  Great opera.  Carmen was sexy.  As a lady, I can appreciate her sexual feminism.  Doesn't really have anything to do with this post, other than the obscene bullfighting themes.  Talk about unnecessary!  

2 comments:

  1. my dearest ebl, i want to thnk you so much for your encouragement. at your suggestion, i have started my own blog, sweet sweet lawnboy. you are my sun and moo, my sun and moo!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.