[Valid Atom 1.0]

Sunday, March 2, 2014

The 1953 Academy Awards



Not to take away from Ellen Degeneres (who I like), but they don't make them like that anymore...

But Bob Hope's prediction was not correct.  Television was better than most of the movies this year.  But Hope did describe it as "a gay handsome crowd"

Here is Walt Disney getting the short subject Oscar...



Update:
Cheers to Jared Leto giving a shout out to the Ukraine and Venezuela
Overall I thought Ellen did a decent job as host and a few of the speeches were really well done.  As for winners and losers, I have not seen all the films so it is hard for me to comment.
TOM: Controversy about Kim Novak's appearance...

1 comment:

  1. Was that Ronald Reagan doing the pre-show voiceover in the Bob Hope clip?

    Apparently 3D movies have been the Next Big Thing for the last 60 years.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.