[Valid Atom 1.0]

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Summarizing the history of people anthropomorphising animals...

Because there is no better way to destroy comedy than over analyzing it.  While it may have deeper implications today than it did decades ago, people parodying things by acting like animals is one of the oldest forms of comedy. Here's a great clip of someone pretending to be a UW mascot — in a guest spot on YouTube.  (If you've only got 2 seconds to spare, click this ).

And here is an example from the British school.

And let's not forget this absolutely classic bit!  Ouch!  

8 comments:

  1. dearest ebl, i love the honey badger video, was that titus narrating? and i love you more than life itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know that althouse blog, well i've had a comment live on the amazon thread for a couple hours, do you think i'm no longer persona non grata? it's about a circle jerk. i know you don't like dirty talk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. But just leave the anthropoomorphising to Titus et al.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am getting deleted still over there. No sense of humor what so ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. RogerJ the old bull and Aliie the sexy old cow, started this whole wonderful bovine romance trend, we need our names on the credits, or I will have my lawyer daughter on your ass! ;) Aint love great in the barnyard of life? Could it be Animal Farm revisited?

    So who are the pigs, horses, sheep? We already have a chicken and a Rare Clumber.

    My calf thinks I'm in my second childhood, she may be right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your posts are most welcom Allie. I just had an interesting conversation with the original lawnboy. A few J posts popped up with anti mormon nonsense and were immediately exercised (good for lawnboy for doing that). Lawnboy said they were flattered by the site, but unfortunately he then deleted me (I think the boss ordered him to do so). Sometimes after a relationship it is hard to put things back together.

    I suggested to the original lawnboy he should think of me as the Scarlett Pimpernel! In the chaos of the French Revolution am not what I seem and I am in the service of doing good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wasn't the Scarlett Pimpernel written by a Hungarian?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.