[Valid Atom 1.0]

Monday, June 3, 2013

Game of Thrones, Season 3, Episode 9, The Rains of Castamere


“You’re almost there. And you’re afraid you won’t make it. The closer you get, the worse the fear gets.”

Spoilers if you have not seen it yet:  A lot happens in this episode...
It was well executed.  I will leave it at that for now.

Update:
Mediate's Jon Concha is through with GoT.  Really?  This put you over the top?  I do not recall Mediate getting too upset when this sort of thing happens in real life.
Which inspires this Separated at Birth
Trailer for the Season Finale:

3 comments:

  1. I have watched the series (I read the books so most of the spoilers were there) off and on and find the interminable story arcs to be annoying. Martin (author) is famous for killing off his principal characters, which is a device to increase drama, I guess. I find it difficult to care about the characters because of the story arc issue and because I know that they're going to die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that frustrating too. A good story needs an arc. A novel is not supposed to be a news feed, but a crafted story. Now that said, many mini series are just too cute and wrapped, with all the various plot threads coming together. That is not believable. There has to be a balance.

      Delete
  2. I don't mind plot twists and unusual endings. As a writer/novelist myself, I enjoy a bit of a surprise twist in the plot. That's why I think that killing off major characters one after another in 500 page books makes them less than enjoyable. Still I did read the first two, so Martin must have done something right. I wanted to like them. In the I give them a C for execution and an A for concept.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.