[Valid Atom 1.0]

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The New York Times critics makes their suggestions for Oscar nominations...




The New York Times has its picks for Oscar nominations.  Pirates made one of their lists.  As kids movies go, Pirates was one that will have parents chuckling at times.  It was worth a rental.

Don't believe the hype over Beasts of the Southern Wild--it is wildly over rated.  The Master, while not a movie for most, was a very good film for studying the creepy weirdness of cults.  I liked Les Misérables, Django Unchained, Lincoln, Life of Pi, and Argo.  I also saw Moonlight Kingdom and it is worth a rental (it was okay)--but it was not an Oscar contender.  I also liked The Hobbit, An Unexpected Journey, and Richard Fernandez explores the Beowulf themes in this excellent post.

I have not seen Zero Dark Thirty, but I want to.  I also want to see Silver Linings Playbook.

Ted will probably not be getting any nominations, but it was funny.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.