[Valid Atom 1.0]

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Homemade Pastrami?



I have conflicts with beef, but since I did post on National Cheeseburger Day, I will pass on this recipe for my readers who want to try making some homemade pastrami. It is actually a simple recipe but the brining will take a few days. You will need some space in the fridge for that.

You substitute smoked salt for smoking, although if you have a smoker you could easily throw the meat in for a while.

Best Pastrami in New York:  Katz's, Pastrami Queen, Mill Basin Deli

Best Montreal Smoked Meat: Bens De Luxe, Schwartz's, Deli 365

The Feral Irishman: Subliminal Lunch Suggestion

 

2 comments:

  1. Nephew and I made turkey pastrami a week or so ago.
    Well, he did the brining and spicing, all I did was the smoking.
    Anyway, it was very good and with some of his homemade bread and some real blueberry jam as a spread the sandwich's were way up there in the eating.
    Now the blueberry and turkey pastrami might sound odd, it works well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turkey pastrami works for me. I will try the blueberry.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.