[Valid Atom 1.0]

Friday, August 7, 2015

Frank Sinatra: Hollywood Bowl Performances August 1945 and 1948



Wow.  These are great songs of that period and Sinatra is still in great early voice (I linked other versions of these songs below which are terrific too):
Long Ago and Far Away: Ira Gershwin and Jerome Kern
I Should Care: Sammy Cahn, Axel Stordahl, and Paul Weston
What Makes the Sunset: Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne
If I Loved You: Oscar Hammerstein II and Richard Rodgers
Ol' Man River: Oscar Hammerstein II and Jerome Kern
Time After Time: Sammy Cahn and Jule Styne
The Girl That I Marry: Irving Berlin
Soliloquy: Oscar Hammerstein II and Richard Rodgers

I went with the moon theme last week with two posts noted below, but I will add Luna Rossa! Pundette this week switches from Gershwin to Cahn. Mark is going with In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning. We have to wait to see what Bob will come up with.

Pundette: And the Bell Goes... (with Mark's Sammy Cahn Podcast), Gershwin's Foggy Day and They Can't Take That Away From Me (both Pundette and Mark went with Gershwin last week and she had Billy May's orchestrated Baubles, Bangles and Beads at #48 on her list and Mark has it as his song of the century this week) and Pundette had Old Devil Moon at #61
Bob Belvedere: Sinatra's Best 25 through 23 At Long Last Love, That's Life, Angel Eyes, and My Funny Valentine (a Rogers and Hart song like my last week's pick Blue Moon) and Honorable Mentions 6 (which has Roger and Hart's I Didn't Know What Time It Was) and Bob had Old Devil Moon at #93

Don’t forget to also keep checking out
It’s a swingin’ world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.