[Valid Atom 1.0]

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Frank Sinatra: Somewhere My Love

Unlike Stormy Weather, or the favorite Quincy Jones and Nelson Riddle orchestrated standards, this one probably will not end up on Mark, Bob or Pundette's top 100 lists. Not exactly the balalaika version that Maurice Jarre composed for Doctor Zhivago, but it has its own Sinatra charm. While I am not instantly transported to a snow and frost covered dacha in Russia, I can see myself sitting in a smoky Vegas showroom!


Bob has Call Me. I Love Paris, and You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You and 46-44 Misty (tie), I Don't Stand a Ghost of a Chance With You (tie), Pennies From Heaven, and How Little It Matters, How Little We Know and Honorable Mentions
Pundette has Sinatra and Riddle and that Voodoo that you do so well and That Old Devil Moon
Mark has I'll Be Around, The Nearness of You, and Pennies from Heaven

Update: RIP Omar Sharif

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.