[Valid Atom 1.0]

Friday, August 15, 2014

Gene Simmons missed his calling as a therapist

Gene is such a diplomat:
"Drug addicts and alcoholics are always, 'The world is a harsh place.' My mother was in a concentration camp in Nazi Germany. I don't want to hear f**k all about "the world as a harsh place." She gets up every day, smells the roses and loves life," the 64-year-old told SongFacts.com. "And for a putz, 20-year-old kid to say, 'I'm depressed, I live in Seattle.' F**k you, then kill yourself." 
Unfortunately, he didn't stop there. "I never understand, because I always call them on their bluff. I'm the guy who says 'Jump!' when there's a guy on top of a building who says, 'That's it, I can't take it anymore, I'm going to jump,'" Simmons continued. "Are you kidding? Why are you announcing it? Shut the f**k up, have some dignity and jump! You've got the crowd."
Gene Simmons classic interview with Terry Gross
Gene Simmons does not like Terry Gross
Simmons to Immigrants: Learn to speak English

OK. That said, I very much have sympathy for our armed service personnel suffering from depression.  They deserve our full support.

Update:
Instapundit (genetic test for suicide)
Depression is not a joke (I don't think Simmons is joking...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.