[Valid Atom 1.0]

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Madison Downfall Ann Althouse Closes Her Comments





Update:
I didn't get small, the commentators did...
Ann Althouse responds: 
I know there are some people who would love to discourage me, but that's irrelevant. Those who buy nothing through the Amazon portal make no impression — whether they hate me or have never heard of me. Those who do buy are saying: I care about this blog, and I want it to continue to be there every day, as it has been for nearly 10 years (without a single missed day). I hear you.
h/t to Trooper York for the Norma Desmond reference!   I think she is ready for her close up...

Never admit you are wrong!

13 comments:

  1. Inga, do not mock your family's former employer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way I see it she's already making far more than she's worth in her state-worker job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're going to use a movie clip, use one from that old Catherine The Great movie, or that God-awful one about Marie Antoinette from a couple of years ago.

    A Hitler video is something of a reach (not that I don't think a similar epiphany will eventually make itself felt).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hitler Downfall video is widely used parody on a whole variety of issues, so it is hardly a Godwin comment anymore (it is its own thing now). But your suggestion of alternative films are great!

      Delete
    2. No Godwin, just something a little more fitting, but I see your point about Der Fuhrer being the GoTo guy of the blogosphere..

      Delete
    3. Special Ed's attendants don't allow him to watch such things, plus his beloved Madame is too pure to ever be sullied in any way.

      Jesus, Ed, get your head out of her ass - you are making Titus jealous.

      Delete
  5. I just sent a head's up to a few conservative blogs and other interested parties...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear. I was mentioned in a downfall video no less and have thusly been immortalized. I bow to you EBL. I rofl'ed.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.