[Valid Atom 1.0]

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

English as an exclusionary code...


It is not just in communications between generations (where kids just want to distinguish themselves from their parents).  This Calvin and Hobbes cartoon reminded me of something.  This twisting of English happens in politics and academia all the time and for malicious reasons:
If we are worried about “undecided voters” who get nothing but soundbite news, we must work to change the culture of how news is delivered. For my part, I don’t want to have to measure every word I say with the thought in mind that somebody is going to take me out of context. Instead, I’d like to be free to say what I mean, and when my meaning is obvious, I would like to know that honest people have my back — and will tell dishonest people to stop being dishonest, and uninformed people that they need to smarten up before they presume to join the conversation.
Update:
Democrat strategists agree Romney is using the race card (no word from those Democrats on whether Romney killed some guy's wife is okay) 

1 comment:

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.