[Valid Atom 1.0]

Saturday, April 7, 2012

RIP: Thomas Kinkade Painter of Light

RIP    Thomas Kinkade is reported to have died of natural causes at age 54.  I was not a big fan of his work, and he is an artist people love to hate, but I give him credit as an artist for self promotion and getting his stuff out there in the market.  While I do not think he is in the same class as Norman Rockwell, for example, the criticism of Kinkade is similar to those who used to put Rockwell down as a mere "illustrator."  He was having troubles recently.  To those who criticize him, his work is his work.  My condolences to his family and friends.
Update:
Althouse on the surreal quality of Kinkade's work.
The Wall Street Journal on what drove Mr. Kinkade's work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.