[Valid Atom 1.0]

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Self defense inspiration of the day...

Feminist empowerment you can believe in...

Roxeanne DeLuca and Da Tech Guy note a woman who deserves our thanks, prayers, and help. 
McKinley said she asked the dispatcher, "I've got two guns in my hand -- is it OK to shoot him if he comes in this door? I'm here by myself with my infant baby, can I please get a dispatcher out here immediately?""I can't tell you that you can do that but you do what you have to do to protect your baby," the dispatcher said.The 911 conversation lasted for 21 minutes. Then the door gave in. "I waited till he got in the door.  They said I couldn't shoot him until he was inside the house.  So I waited until he got in the door and then I shot him," McKinley told KFOR. Martin kicked in the door and charged at McKinley with his knife, but she said she shot at him before he could get to her.
To have to go through something like this after the death of her husband is horrible, but fortunately this story has a happy ending.  Well at least for the good guys.

Why women should learn to shoot guns/firearms...

Update:  Great post by Maggie's Notebook  and JWF and Shall Not Be Questioned

Update II:  Pajama Media on why gun control is not popular politically

You know Glenn Reynolds is right...
Update III:  More of the Wisdom of Instapundit

Update IV:  Excellent catch by Ann Althouse on a kid not having to retreat in Florida

Update V:  Sarah Palin likes girls with guns!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.