[Valid Atom 1.0]

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Occupy Rose Bowl Parade 2012


They say they just want to have their own float... 

Occupy the Rose Parade 2012

I am all for free speech, although I have seen first hand what damage a single individual acting in bad faith can do.  I completely disagree with their message, but I guess we will see.  Probably the best approach would be to let them march and not give them encouragement and attention during the television broadcast of the Parade.

Update:  Instapundit

#OCCUPYFAIL: ‘Occupy’ Crashes Rose Parade: Attacks ‘Corporate Greed’ With 70-Foot Nazi-Era Octopus Depicting Global Jewish Conspiracy.UPDATE: Reader W.C. Varones writes: “As a regular attendee of Rose Parades in the 70′s and 80′s, I can tell you that the crazies have always been allowed to walk along after the last float at the end of the parade. It used to be the religious cults… now it’s the irreligious cults.”
ANOTHER UPDATE: Reader Bruce Godfrey writes: “Are you sure that the octopus created by the #Occupy folk is the same as that created by Nazi propaganda? I don’t see that the connection is in fact made.” It was a common Nazi metaphor.
Posted at 9:57 pm by Glenn Reynolds  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.