[Valid Atom 1.0]

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Frank Sinatra: When I Lost You




Frank Sinatra did a lot of songs about lost loves, but this one is about a more profound loss. When I Lost You is an Irving Berlin song written in 1912 after the lost of his first wife Dorothy to typhoid fever. Frank recorded it fifty years later in 1962 with an arrangement by Gordon Jenkins.

Mark Steyn's Song of the Century at #76 is the Gordon Jenkins arranged This Is All I Ask.

Pundette has I Guess I'll Hang My Tears Out To Dry at #31 and After You've Gone at #64

Bob Belvedere has the album Where Are You? for #7 and an interview with Chuck Granata

I had Arlen and Capote's Don't Like Goodbyes and Gaudio and Holmes' For A While.

Don’t forget to also keep checking out
Pundette’s Sinatra 100 countdown,
Ms Evi’s Sinatra Celebration,
Dispatches from the Camp of the Saints Sinatra, &
Mark Steyn’s Sinatra Songs Of The Century.
It’s a swingin’ world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.