[Valid Atom 1.0]

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The Hunger Games : Clips, Reviews and Countdown



Rotten Tomatoes Reviews  An 87% freshness average
The Countdown to the Movie
How big will Hunger Games be?
Hollywood Reporter on the film...
Hunger Games set to shatter box office records...
Katniss
This clip showing the meeting between Katniss and Cinna is a lot how I imagined the scene from the book...

I have not seen the movie yet, although the initial reviews look okay.  It opens tonight at midnight.  I read the books.  Author Suzanne Collins does a good job.  For a teenage dystopian series, The Hunger Games is not bad and it is a series you could let your kids read with no problems.  The violence is graphic, but also not trivialized or glorified.  The first book was the best of the series.  

1 comment:

  1. My son is going to the midnight showing. One of his friends got a small bit in it, and I think they're all going together to cheer for him when he appears on the screen. My son read the books and liked them quite a bit. He agreed with your assessment that the first one was the best.

    I'll wait for the MAD Magazine version; they usually do a fairly good treatment and it matches my attention span.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.