[Valid Atom 1.0]

Monday, December 19, 2011

A few special, edible/drinkable gift ideas.

HP Sauce

Yeast

Popcorn

Olive oil

Coconut water

Ramen

Ice cream

Tea

Espresso

It is all about generating revenue and feeling your bloggy love for what I do.  And freedom.  Except for those who do not respect this place.

I really liked The Help.  Especially the pie scene.

Update:  This is from a post I did over at Trooper's.  This is not directed at any person in particular, I offer this as a general comment to all bloggers who delete a bit too freely out of a misplaced sense of control.

I actually have no problem with any blogger figuring out a way to monetize their blog. So I welcome that and Amazon is a good (relatively painless way to do it). Even if the expenses are non-existant (because Google is paying for them so they can funnel ads from its search engines), so what? It is time consuming. What I mock is using that as some sort of measure of love. 

I am not that sort of cow. 

What is sad is you can have a policy of deleting (or openly mocking) racists (and I would have only deleted a certain one consonant commentator who is truely pretty vile), while being completely pro free speech. Oh well, a blog is more akin to a store. The more customers who come the better. You have friends and a forum for ideas. It is a good thing. But if you are going to get into battles with your customers and make the place un-fun, how is that a good thing? 

Oh well, I hope my twin does well. I do not need vindication. I have my little pasture and friends who stop by and visit. 

Moo.

6 comments:

  1. Meade said...
    Joe said...
    (The Uncredentialed, Crypto Jew)
    There's a rule in there somewhere that you can use whatever you want if you don't play it in it's entirety. I don't recall the exact language, but it was the reason we could use anyone's music without authorization for bumpers coming in and out of breaks, music beds under our own breaks, etc, in radio
    Don’t try “Facts” on me, Mr. Dreddy McDredleSTEIN….
    If you aren’t careful I’m going to call you a Boomer-New Age Cultist, LDS Sock-Puppet Byro who take s money from Zionist Financier-Imperialists…..
    I’m surprised that PETA didn’t file a complaint about the shrimp on a tread-mill, myself…had the shrimp been cleared for physical activity, by a Doctor? Did they receive compensation or extra ration?
    12/19/11 2:04 PM

    Calypso Facto said...
    If you aren’t careful I’m going to call you a Boomer-New Age Cultist, LDS Sock-Puppet Byro who take s money from Zionist Financier-Imperialists…..
    Don't do that, or Meade will be forced to haul you off to the recently established comment gulag.

    12/19/11 2:49 PM

    Joe said...
    (The Uncredentialed, Crypto Jew)
    Don't do that, or Meade will be forced to haul you off to the recently established comment gulag
    After that are we “Unpersons?” Is that why “J” isn’t so active?
    12/19/11 3:01 PM

    Calypso Facto said...
    After that are we “Unpersons?” Is that why “J” isn’t so active?
    Exactly. J, Trooper, RogerJ, sorepaw, Allie...all gone. Some missed more than others, obviously. Pasta and ndspinelli on notice, apparently. Spinelli's crime? Posting horrific "clutter" comments that "add nothing of value to the discussion", like "ScottM, We think the same a lot! I was going to do a similar post but couldn't think of a way to put the German accent on paper. You nailed it."
    Read quick! This O/T discussion will probably be deleted soon too.
    12/19/11 3:56 PM

    12/19/11 6:30 PM


    Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cut and pasted that above from my doppelgänger's comment thread.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like the Saturday Night Massacre over there and it is only Monday.

    Does that make Fen into Archibald Cox?

    And if it does will Titus call him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even see how it's a comment on the supposed, alleged offensiveness of the comments. I think Lawnboy just posted that to get off on the idea that he could instill that much caution in his minions.

    Anyway, Pastafarian? I'm starting to wonder how many cuisine styles you can make out of that name. Latkefarian would be a funny one, and you'd only have to tweak a few details on the avatar. More clothes, curl the sideburns, a black hat of some sort.

    That violent pose, though... I don't know about that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, as TY's reminded us many times, Lawnboy's just doing his job. He never struck me as a bad guy, which is good. 'Cause it never appears he was much of a thinker. I mean, he could write decently enough, especially when it came to imperatives and short, nearly factual observations. But most of his ideas were about as well composed as a semi-solid poo.

    Which makes for perfect fodder on this blog, of course.

    At some point, they might want to resolve this apocalyptic battle they're waging between entertainment value and loyalty. Or more accurately, between boredom and disloyalty. I keep imagining a cat who quickly cocks his head from one side to the next and bats his paws about as two very different rewards are dangled in front of his face.

    It seems as if for now, boring loyalty is the norm. I don't see how it's winning. But then, EBL ain't exactly Charlie Sheen. I take it she prefers a slow burn, and ultimately fizzling out. This ain't the video drunk dial-a-date days. There's more stability now, and EBL doesn't want to deal with distractions.

    (And by EBL, I don't mean my gracious hostess - who at least moos before she poos).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I love my evil twin sister and her lawn boy. I just wish they would lighten up.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.