[Valid Atom 1.0]

Thursday, July 20, 2017

John McCain and Brain Cancer


I am sympathetic to John McCain the man, warrior and patriot, while at the same time profoundly in disagreement with him over much of his politics and positions as a U.S. Senator. I supported him and was frustrated by him when he ran for President. At the same time, I recognize that politics is often the art of compromise. McCain is a complex person.

His judgment about people like Ted Kennedy (who was a horrible nasty person) was misplaced. I recognize in the Senate you have to work with the opposition (and not all of them are bad, simply because they are the opposition) but Ted Kennedy was a liar and corrupted soul.

I wish and pray for John McCain to have a speedy recovery. My prayers to his family also, since this will be very difficult for them. I hope he gets to spend quality time with his family.

I also hope he retires from the Senate, because that would be better for the country. I do not support Republicans who think attacking conservatism shows how "fair" they are. If conservatism is right (and I am speaking in broad sense of free markets, limited government/fiscal conservatism, and liberty), then it is right. Support that.

Instapundit: Back to the Senate on TuesdayCharlie Martin: McCain's glioblastoma will be the fight of his lifeMcCain, 80, diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor, and Has the GOP lost its backbone?

Rush Limbaugh: We all wish the best to Senator McCain and Why no outrage over Obama unmasking?

Joe For America: Senator McCain Diagnosed With Aggressive Brain Cancer; Return To Senate Unclear

AoSHQ: J.J. Sefton, don't hold back and John McCain and the fight of his life

Daily Mail: McCain more worried about going after Trump. Priorities?

This Ain’t Hell: Thoughts On John McCain’s Pending Demise

Regular Right Guy: McCain culprit in 'Russia Gate' hoax

WombatTwitchy: Let the hate go Luke...

DaTechGuy: Be careful what you sign




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all legitimate comments. Keep it civil. Spam will be deleted. Thanks.